Sunday, February 21, 2016

Pandemonium


yesterday I noticed something I shouldn't have

You try to cover it up, but sooner or later someone will notice

I was that person

now I'm torn between how to react


the most prevalent, uncomplicated course of action would be to ignore it

it's their business what they do to themselves

"you can't control their actions, you can't change them" they say


He seems impossibly content and his smile never wavers

But this boy is bleeding

this young, rare, beautiful soul is suffering and i'm not supposed to say anything


it's not his fault he was born into a world that destroys you from the inside out

warping our self-perception and starving our hearts of love and acceptance

we are all victims of vindictive thoughts and absurd ideals

we are our worst critics, bred by our toxic surroundings



how do I express affection in a glacial society

how do I justify the tears I shed last night over a stranger



if you're lost, please hold on to me, for I am too

but maybe together we'd break through the surface of this heavy darkness

maybe we could find some light filtering through the abyss


I wish I could understand why you gave yourself those scars

I wish we could discuss it openly like we discuss authentic horror movies

because this is the worst one I've seen so far, and it's not scripted





someone tell me

why do the best people experience the worst kind of pain?





9 comments:

  1. "I wish we could discuss it openly like we discuss authentic horror movies
    because this is the worst one I've seen so far, and it's not scripted"

    this whole post is amazing. and your blog has really gr8 music

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're lost, please hold on to me, for I am too

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post made me feel something that I can't even describe... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smile is just an invitation,
    for someone like yourself,
    to make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a brave and selfless heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "it's not his fault he was born into a world that destroys you from the inside out"

    ReplyDelete