Sunday, January 31, 2016

Writing A Riptide

As soon as I go to write an intro, it's like all these ideas blossom out of nowhere and I can't hurriedly pick any of them, or else they'll wilt without being appreciated first. 

Naturally, I don't reveal my true self to someone until I fully trust them, and first impressions are just a facade of how you want to appear to someone, so I will not be writing about myself quite yet. Instead, I'd like to write something relatively poetic about my objective for this class.

Riptide=a potentially dangerous water current

This semester, my goal is to write a riptide.

Something that's going to suck you in, and pull you out to sea

Drown you in the infinity

Force you to think and contemplate and wonder

I want you to sink         the surface
                                      below

Embrace the water that fills your lungs and steals your breath away

Dragging you out into a sea of  speculation

That's my One  stipulation


There's my attempt at a poem, and I dunno how I'll accomplish this, but I know you will :)


11 comments:

  1. now you've got me hooked. Can't wait to see what else you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog. Giving the Goal. Simplicity is Quality.
    The side bar need fixing but thats alright.
    Can't wait to see the next post.
    #Quality

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Something that's going to suck you in, and pull you out to sea

    Drown you in the infinity

    Force you to think and contemplate and wonder"

    You have a talent with words. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you wrote this. Excited for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know if the title of your blog is referring to this or not, but in the off-chance that it is; enough of your sonic adventure 3 fantasies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title and the whole riptide concept

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the feel and the look of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of your blog and love the riptide concept

    ReplyDelete
  9. "write a riptide."

    This is a t-shirt or a bumper sticker or a tattoo or something

    ReplyDelete